In order to reach the target market in the most effective manner, we utilise a combination of new media and traditional media.
The marketing for each event commences approximately 2 months prior to each expo and reaches a peak 1-2 weeks out. A broad cross section of new and traditional media is utilised to ensure the expo message has the best possible chance to reach the target market as frequently as possible.
Some examples of the type of promotion undertaken:
- Extensive promotion of the expo to the target market via paid and targetted promotion on websites such as Facebook, Google Ads, etc.
- Post on blogs and websites popular to the target market
- Promoting each event via our own social media channels (Facebook, Twitter etc)
- The use of emails to our own electronic database (several thousand strong and growing)
- Promotion of the expo via exhibitors and sponsors websites, databases and their own social media space. This has the effect of getting the expo message to hundreds of new social communities
- Advertising via daily metropolitan newspapers, such as The Daily Telegraph, Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, Herald Sun
- A large focus on editorial listings across a range of publications with the help of a professional PR consultant
- 2 weeks promotion daily in the popular free Mx newspaper
- Select magazines, street press and backpacker publications
- Posters and flyers distributed in places frequented by the target market (e.g., travel agents, universities, hostels, internet café’s, train stations etc).
- Tens of thousands of flyers distributed to home addresses through a professional distribution company. These are targetted to the demographics of the target market.
- 2 weeks of multiple spots across radio stations with the most appropriate demographic
- Live radio crosses each day of the expo with on-site radio crew
- Select promotion of the expo across TV networks
Need more information or details?
Melbourne Adventure Travel Expo
Sydney Adventure Travel Expo
Brisbane Adventure Travel Expo
22-23 March 2014. Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. <Read More> ...
Sydney Backpackers Expo (for overseas travellers)